Can we all agree that no one likes awkward engagement sessions?! Back in the day, I remember those awkward sessions all too well. It’s hard! When you meet a couple for the first time before starting their engagement session you’re nervous, they’re nervous and the stakes are high! It’s YOUR job to make them feel comfortable and well taken care of. It’s also your job to set up the session for success! I’ve found that by explaining these five different things at the very beginning of the shoot, I cover all of my bases and prepare my couple well for what they are about to experience!
In case you’re not a video-watcher, here is a quick run down of the 5 things to say before starting an E-shoot! :
1. Reassure them that they don’t have to know what to do!
2. You’re going to teach them everything, starting with the 4 CORE POSES! (Never heard of that? You can learn our 4 CORE POSES in our Mini-Guide!)
3. Ask them if there is anything you should be made aware of or watch out for! (For a more descriptive explanation of this one, watch the video!)
4. The first 20 minutes are going to be awkward and that’s normal!
5. Tell them you MAY get to “Advanced” posing later on!!!
If you enjoyed this video, subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel so that you never miss more of our FREE EDUCATION!
It has been been over 2 YEARS since I switched to the R6 and totally shifted to mirrorless!!
Through email & in our KJ Education Facebook group, this question is asked DAILY!
We recently had the honor of being featured in an article that shared some of our story of growing a service based photography business into an online photography education business!
If you’ve been a wedding photographer for several years, you probably have parts of the wedding day that can seem mundane and boring..
I’ve been wanting to share about this for a long time…
People always say “Katelyn, how did you grow to this level?!” and the truth is, it all started with a blog. Blogging was TRULY my beginning! A decade ago, I was posting almost EVERYDAY and you can still find these posts today!