As photographers, we tend to love our job behind the camera but cringe at the work we have to do behind the computer screen. From taxes to workflows to pricing and booking, the BUSINESS SIDE
of our business can leave us feeling like frauds and can steal the joy and freedom that we desired from our businesses in the first place. If you're tired of drowning in the behind the scenes of your business, you can experience true change. You can thrive instead of just survive.... let me help you make the change!
CONSTANTLY DISAPPOINTED with your year-end profit (or lack thereof)?
WANT A PROVEN MARKETING SYSTEM that will increase PROFIT and PURPOSE?
HORRIBLE AT BUSINESS and just want to be a CREATIVE?
SPENDING PRECIOUS TIME AWAY from your family with nothing to show for it FINANCIALLY?
FEELING BEHIND, OVERWHELMED, STRESSED AND ANXIOUS... and you're sick of it?
NOT BOOKING, but your work is gorgeous and you just don’t get it?
WANT TO BUILD A BRAND that isn't a cloned copy of the girl next door?
PASSIONATE ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY but feel like giving up on making it a business?
PLAYING THE SOCIAL MEDIA GAME but not seeing any results?
DESIRE A CLIENT EXPERIENCE that is successful, MARKETABLE, repeatable, and creates raving fans?
FEELING THE PAINS OF BURNOUT, but you desire to SAVE your business and regain your life?
Do you have a SOLELY PORTFOLIO-BASED BUSINESS that has left you with a CAP TO YOUR PRICES?
CURIOUS WHY YOUR PORTFOLIO isn't bringing in your IDEAL CLIENTS?
ARE CONTRACTS, PRICING, and WORKFLOWS the death of you... like, you REALLY HATE them and need a plan?
WORKING AT 1AM, NEVER GETTING AHEAD and need to finally feel IN CONTROL of your business?
GETTING STARTED but at a LOSS for what steps to take towards professionalism?
GIVEN UP ON BLOGGING, SOCIAL MEDIA & PINTEREST & want a realistic approach on how to use them effectively.
Do your clients just want their images & COULD CARE LESS about who you are, resulting in LOW PRICES?
Do you have scattered, unorganized workflows that always lead to feeling behind, your clients aren’t impressed, you have increased anxiety and stress with every shoot that you do… this makes you feel incapable, unprofessional, behind, overwhelmed, snippy, irritated and discouraged?
I get it… I see this happen all of the time and you’re not wrong to feel this way…. but you have to understand that if this pattern continues, you will not only be burned out, you will be at risk of being bankrupt. 80% of businesses close their doors because of issues just like this...leaving them with debt and disappointment. This doesn't have to be your story... in fact, it can't be your story! It is totally possible to experience peace AND profit in your business!
You’re at a crossroads…. how are you going to shoot THAT much and still maintain balance in your life? I remember shooting 42 weddings a year… my friends never saw me, I missed concerts, trips, girls nights…. I missed family dinners, holiday traditions, and just laying on the couch with Michael…. I know it feels like you’re stuck… like you can’t even get out of this trap of a situation… but you CAN. I promise you that you CAN because I’ve been in your shoes and I’ve done it!
It’s understandable WHY you feel these things… but here’s what’s at stake… when EVERY shoot pushes you further and further behind, it’s also pushing a wedge between you and your family. It’s a SCARY cycle. Your attitude, your stress level and your feelings of inadequacy don't STAY IN YOUR OFFICE…. your family feels that. Your husband, your wife, your kids, your friends… they all experience you to be on edge and overwhelmed… and that has lasting effects in your home and in your LIFE!
Is ineffective marketing, inappropriate pricing & poor online presence leading to booking the wrong clients or not booking clients at all? Wrong clients will strip all of the passion and excitement out of your business. You’ll start to dread getting emails because of the complaints, you’ll start to question your own work because of the dissatisfaction of your demanding clients, you’ll start to grow weary of the work because you don’t see ANYTHING to show for it in your bank account…. these patterns eventually convince you that this idea of making your photography a business…. well it was a good idea… but this was NOT what you signed up for & you're desperately ready for a change. You're ready to experience new life and new joy in your business!
Maybe you’re doing ok… you’re booking, you’re shooting, you're editing, and your clients seem happy… but something about your brand, your social media presence, your pricing structure and your portfolio isn’t adding up. No matter how hard you try, you are STUCK at your current price point… and you know that in order to make the money you need from your business…you would have to shoot 30-40 weddings a YEAR at those current prices.
Stop questioning everything about your business. Be confident in your abilities and have clarity about who you are as a professional photographer. The greatest battle is the battle of the mind. Unorganized and dysfunctional businesses make it extremely hard to believe in your abilities and your level of professionalism. When you establish effective business practices, you’ll begin to experience the JOY of running your own business instead of stress, anxiety and feelings of inadequacy.
Feel the relief and the comfort of knowing that everything in your business is done well and everything is done right. When your business is functioning well legally, you get the joy of working confidently & securely… never worrying that something will fall through the cracks.
Your business can be organized into efficient systems and that means minimal time behind your computer. You can create a business that works for you and gives you the freedom to truly stop work at 5pm. This is your chance to live the life every entrepreneur longs for…. no stress, systems that are sustainable, and freedom in your schedule.
Burnout happens when your passion fades and your energy is exhausted. When you have a business that is thriving, you won’t run the risk of losing your business to burnout because you’ll have the tools you need to feel in control. The best part about avoiding burnout in business is that you’ll save yourself the pain of hurting those around you. When you feel like you’re failing, it’s impossible for others to feel the repercussion of that in your life. This is your chance to protect yourself from burnout and take hold of the reigns of your business instead of letting it rule over you!
When your business makes more money, you can finally do the things you’ve always wanted to do through your business. Maybe you’re wanting to PAY DOWN DEBT…. maybe you’re wanting to GO FULL TIME… maybe you’re wanting to SURPRISE YOUR CHILDREN with an AMAZING TRIP! Maybe you’re wanting to stop living PAYCHECK to PAYCHECK… or maybe you are just simply ready for your business to be profitable so that you can have peace that you’re doing the right thing with your life!
This module is hands down the most popular of all 12 modules!
• How to Build a Brand that No One Can Compete With : When you build a brand around who you are, you set yourself apart, you increase your value and you start attracting clients that are similar to you in style and personality! This means higher prices, lower client stress & maximized marketing potential.
• The Personal and Professional Balance of an Effective Brand : You will learn the specific art of creating a brand around yourself that will maintain your professionalism while simultaneously letting people into your life in a genuine and authentic way.
• The Foundational Steps that Build Relational Equity in a Brand : You'll learn what to do first, the order of steps to take to make your personal brand most effective & how to ease your brand into a new season of being more personal!
• How to Create Your Own Engaging Content for Your Personal Brand : After I teach you how to create a brand around who you are, I won't leave you hanging. I'll help you brainstorm the content, and help you find what your audience connects to and what they are pulling away from.
Making More Money While Creating an Even Deeper Impact
• The Secrets to Creating a Loyal & Committed Tribe: I'm sharing why our clients follow us for years, why they pay quadruple what the average couple pays for photography, why they are loyal to us & choose us even if it means sacrificing other parts of their wedding budget.
• How to Increase Your Value & Purpose Simultaneously: There is a way to make more money and also have more impact with your clients at the same time. In this module, I'll teach you the beginner, intermediate and advanced steps to take to get to this level of business.
• Say Goodbye to Bridal Shows, Burnout & Bad Marketing Attempts: there are so many photographers wasting money on bad marketing that may seem legit but in reality is limiting what they can charge and keeping them from attracting potential community-style clients.
• Establishing & Growing Your Three Vital Points of Connection: In order to create a tribe and community within your business, you have to have ALL THREE connection points. I'll share how to do it, ideas for how you can implement my proven system in your own unique way and how to maintain it!
Free Advertising, Brand Anchoring & Client Experience all in One!
• Why Blogging Produces Loyal Clients & How to Get Started : Did you know that successful online marketers are very aware that blogging isn't dead despite what some are preaching? In this module, specialist Davey & Krista Jones share info on how to get a blog started and I share EVERYTHING I know about how to make your blog a booking generator for your business.
• How to Win your Clients Over Through Writing : Most people don't blog because they say they can't WRITE! That's an easy fix! I'll teach how your writing can be more laid back, your approach can be more personal and how what you SAY can actually make more impact than what you SHOW!
• Katelyn’s Blog Writing Template & Workflow : The hard part of blogging is actually making it happen! We're all capable of doing it but it's the TIME that makes it seem impossible! I'll help you learn what to write, how to create a speedy workflow that is realistic and how to make each post market for you!
• Using Blogging to Build your Tribe & Transform your Editing Workflow! : Believe it or not, I deliver wedding galleries in 7 days and I blog weddings in 48 hours! This is ALL because of our blogging commitment and workflow. I'll teach you how to replicate my system so that you can be done with work by Tuesday evening each week after wedding and portrait weekends!
From Inquiry to End-of-the-Experience Events
• My Streamlined System of Client Surprises : We have well-planned, perfectly timed surprises for our clients (many that don't cost a dime!). We also know that an annual in-person client event is pivotal to forming extra-strong communities within your client base! I'm give you access to all of our systems for surprises as well as helping you find a unique & personal way to unite your community within your budget range!
• Access to Our "Initial Inquiry" Email Template that Prevents Ghosting : Tired of never hearing back? I get it. That is so frustrating! Our template can help and it's included in the KJ Business Collection! It's the perfect mix of personal, professional and pro-active!
• Access to All of the 10 Phases of the KJ Bride Experience : Great experiences come from organized systems and intentional workflows that are both easily repeatable and purposeful. KJ Business Collection students get access to all of this behind the scenes information that has made every phase of the KJ Bride experience exceptional while also receiving instructions on how to replicate it for their own clients!
• Find out how much of your work you need to give away! : That's right! I doubled my income when I started outsourcing and I'm going to help you do the same. We'll start little by little and then build up to being fully outsourced & set free to grow!
Setting Up Your Business for Legal & Financial Peace
• How We Save, Spend and Make Our Business Financially Secure : We get a little personal in this module. We talk about our approach to finances in our personal life and how that makes us thrive financially in our business. Learn our saving methods, how we pay ourselves, and overcome the scarcity mentality.
• How to Get Started & Maintain a Legally Official Business (Usable Lawyer-created Contract Included! $300+ value) : Our lawyer is a specialist in the creative world and focuses in on wedding contracts! She has not only allowed us to purchase contracts to give to all of our students, she has included a training video that teaches you about Trademarks, DBA's, Business Entity options, EIN's, Business License requirements & Contracts.
• Insurance Options, 3 Types of Taxes You Need to Pay, & The Truth About Debt : We've been told that we're finally teaching what others are avoiding. I understand why that's the case. It's not fun teaching on these topics but these are the things business owners are desperate to understand. Stop feeling uneducated & unsure! This module will fix that!
• Our Financial Monthly Checklist : Learn how we manage and maintain the entire legal and financial side of our business by delegating and scheduling monthly tasks.
Technical Design Education For Your Visual Brand & Website
• Design Education to Help Enhance Both Young and Experienced Brands : If you're not ready to pay for a big brand overhaul, no problem! You may not need to anyway! I teach tips and techniques to makeover your visual brand without hiring a designer! My background is in graphic design and so this module is my personal favorite! If you have a professionally designed brand, this module will help push you to adjust and tweak it to the next level!
• Worksheet: Find Clarity Instead of Confusion When Defining Your Ideal Client : In this module, I walk you through a process for defining your ideal client. And yes, it's more than just "where would your ideal client shop!". That doesn't REALLY get to the heart of who your ideal client is. This worksheet challenges you to find your ideal client's qualities & turn it into descriptors to use in your website design.
• "Must Have Branding Elements" and "Hot Mess" Checklists : These checklists determine if you need to eliminate or add brand elements while also giving you a good understanding of the health of your brand overall!
• Website Critiques: Learn From Real Life Examples From Fellow Students : I take real-life websites and teach through changes and adjustments that I would suggest these photographers make based on the education I'm sharing in this module!
Building Processes That Produce Growth & Reduce Stress
• Fixing the Battle Between “Maintaining vs Growing” Tasks : If you spend all of your time editing, doing emails & maintaining social media, you will never grow. I know that's harsh, but it's just reality! We have to break through this never-ending, dead-end cycle and this module will help you learn how!
• Post-Processing & Booking Workflows + Software We Can’t Live Without : We can't maintain our organized office life without several tools of the trade! Learn how we book our clients online, manage our client's information, payments, questionnaires, & invoices, and how we track our own client booking stats plus monitor our workflow progress for each shoot.
• Learn My Systems for TEN Different Aspects of My Office Life : If there is more than one step to something, I have a system. My business is organized in a way that I could hand off any part of it and someone else could replicate my tasks! This module will help you learn how to do the same!
• Find Your Individual Productivity Style and Your Bottlenecks in Your Business : You're not going to get stuff done like the girl down the street or on your instagram scroll. You need to find what actually works for you and OWN it! I'm a mixture of pen/paper and online checklists but Michael is the COMPLETE opposite! Also find the parts of your office life that are getting in the way of your growth and need to be overhauled!
Building a Reputation That Builds Your Business
• The Do’s and Don't’s of Vendor Networking : There are brilliant things to try in Networking and there are also ways to network that will produce negative results long term. In this module, I'll share practical ways to network in a healthy and effective way that won't come off as "over-the-top" or fake to other vendors and venues.
• The Power of Bursting Out of Your Bubble : Genuine Friendships Lead to Trustworthy Referrals : If you're an introvert, this part of the module was specifically created with you in mind. In this section, I share how networking doesn't have to be intimidating and if done well, this part of your business can actually produce the most referral results and also give you the most genuine friendships you have in the industry!
• How to Build Your Reputation IN-PERSON, PRE & POST-EVENT & BEYOND THE EVENT : In this module I list out all of the ways I recommend that photographers make an impact with other vendors while they are working together, before and immediately after working together and then beyond the event itself!
• Booking through Planners, Venues, Vendors & Past Clients : The truth is, it's hard to break through the pre-existing cliques in the photo industry, isn't it? I get it. I have experienced that! However, I have also learned how to work around this issue and find my place in the industry and I can help you do the same!
Taking The Guesswork Out of What to Charge
• Determining Your Income Goal & If You Have a Technical Pricing Issue or a Confidence Issue! : Without a goal, you have no way to cap bookings, pursue more bookings, fight to raise prices or measure if you're satisfied with your success! You also need to determine what kind of pricing problems you're having in order to know how to move forward in this area of your business! This module will help you determine where you are and discover how to take healthy next-steps!
• Determining What You’re Worth & Why : Who is telling you what to charge? What is determining your starting price? What is making you feel justified in the pricing you currently have? These are the questions I'm helping you work through in this module. You may be pleasantly surprised to find out that you are long overdue for a price raise!
• 4 Dimensions of Value vs. THE DEAD ZONE : If you want answers on why you're in a booking slump, this is the module that will make it clear. You're either lacking in a dimension of value in a significant way or you're in the DEAD ZONE which is both encouraging and terrifying at the same time. Don't know what the Dead Zone is in pricing? Then you are desperate need of this pricing module!
• Our Simplified Pricing System for Weddings, Destination Work, and Family & Friends : Gain access to our proven pricing structure that hasn't changed in over 8 years because of its effectiveness and ease in the booking process!
Protecting How You Are Perceived
• Curation Training: What to Keep, What to Trash, & What Will Elevate Your Brand : This is the quickest and easiest way to make your work worth more! The human brain loves certain visual patterns. Simplicity, negative space, color stories, b&w usage, etc... it all has an effect on whether or not your portfolio comes across as high end as possible!
• Portfolio Critiques: What is Working, What Isn’t & Why : In this module, I personally critique real-life portfolios and show what is working and what isn't. However, I won't just leave it at that, I then explain why certain images are devaluing a portfolio and how to correct it.
• Styling Checklist : Creating Your Portfolio with Intention: Order, Flow, Feel &
Design : This is where I give you a list of guidelines to follow to ensure that your portfolio is at its absolute best! You'll be amazed at how avoiding distractions, emphasizing the editorial and strategically ordering your work will make your gallery look more valuable and equally more desirable!
• Creating Cohesiveness : Matching Your Portfolio to Your Overall Brand & Where You’re Headed : In this module, I'll help you determine what style you want to actually stick with so that you can grow in your consistency and overall brand identity!
Discovering How Your Passion Can Fulfill Your Purpose (recorded LIVE)
-Protecting Your Passion + Your Purpose: If you lose your passion for your work, you lose so much than just your business, you can lose your purpose as well. You are uniquely gifted and your gifts are meant to be shared. This section will help you protect your passion from burnout so that you can continue to make a beautiful impact on the world!
-Where You Are, Where You're Growing + Where You're Going
-The Best is Yet to Come... Or So We Think
-Marriage, Business + Mindsets: A Live Coaching Call
-Protecting Your Passion + Your Purpose
"I feel secure in my future. I’m still in college and pursuing a business degree... but sometimes I feel like I’ve already learned it all from Katelyn! You can't get this content anywhere else! My bookings and income have tripled, I look professional (even as a 20 year old!), and I redid my pricing and people have still been booking me with no questions because they want me and my experience... not just my pictures." -MADISON
"I left my job in May (where I had a steady paycheck and 1/2 price private school tuition for my 3 girls) because I was burning the candle at both ends trying to grow my business. Now I run my business during the day and get to spend time with my family in the evenings! My oldest is a senior and I want to enjoy every moment!" -MICHELLE
"I feel like I'm not just a mom who takes nice pictures with her fancy camera. I feel like a legit business owner. I'm confident in knowing how to run my business and I know clearly the areas that still need work. I feel like it has given me a leg up on all the other mom photographers in my area because I KNOW I am running a legit business and that gives me confidence! It's no longer a hobby that pays me, it's a growing and thriving business that blessed my clients and my own family. " -LAURA
Ever worried that you're not legally legit?! With the KJ Business Collection you can rest at ease knowing that you and your business are covered! Caroline shares her legal expertise and customizable contract template!
Davey is a genius at all things design, hosting, coding, SEO, and building amazing brands! His expertise in these areas will allow your brand to book ideal clients on autopilot!
Social media is a beast of a topic, I knew I needed to bring in an expert! Vanessa is the master of all things Pinterest related, she has helped our students to experience exponential growth in their exposure and marketing through this platform!
Caroline Fox of Engaged Legal, is an attorney for creatives! She personally created MY wedding contract and then made it into a fully customizable template to be included in the Business Collection! And as an extra bonus, anyone with access to this template will receive free revisions and updates as Caroline makes them!
A professional & friendly contract that protects!
Hear what KJ Business Collection Alumni would tell photographers who are considering becoming KJ students! These students vary in experience level, age, & style.
This family's life has changed in more ways than one! They're making more money, quit a full time job, finally broke the cycle of being a workaholic & took a month long vacation!
These students are done feeling like frauds, done letting their business's run their lives and done just hoping something will change and they are MAKING change happen!
Buyer’s remorse keeps you up at night? No worries! It’s done the same for me (hello, Target statement necklace section), and I don’t want that for you: enjoy my 30-day, risk-free happiness policy, because if you’re not happy, I’m not happy.
If you complete all 12 modules (35+ hours) of content within those 30 days, work through the worksheets/homework, and still feel like there’s no way you can apply these systems to your photography business, I’ll buy the collection back from you.
*If you have accessed the Contract Template, you are only eligible for an 80% refund*
The KJ Business Collection may be geared towards wedding photographers, but we have seen first-hand how this education has transformed portrait businesses! Smart business principles are far reaching and can be applied to many different types of businesses. Whether it’s marketing, social media, blogging, personal branding, building a tribe, etc…. ANYONE with a photography business will benefit and thrive off of this education.
This is great question! All educators are different. While I may share similar views and approaches to business as other successful photographers, I have a very different teaching style and I have different experiences to share. You’ll need to decide if the difference of my personality, my teaching style, my unique business experience and the creative structure of this new approach to business education is enough reason to invest. We realize that this resource is a large investment. This full year's worth of business training will be unlike anything you have experienced before in business education. If you’re ready to dive in, we’re excited to have you!
You'll get access immediately! And have access FOREVER, so you can pull up these videos and lessons whenever you need a boost or a refresher course. Watch at your own pace with one module a week … or move a bit slower if you need to! I know you have family needs and other things to tend to, so I want to make sure you have access to these tools forever. Once you enroll, you'll receive login information via email so beginning exploring the content!
Enrollment for the Business Collection will be closing! At this time we will not have the Business Collection available in our store front. Once the doors closed, you will not be able to join again until the next enrollment period.
ABSOLUTELY!!! Yes, it’s so much smarter to do all of this at the very beginning and set your business up for success well, instead of having to go back and change things a year or two in!
I have a super tight return policy -- but it’s only because I want to make sure I’m attracting dedicated, serious photographers. I have worked so hard to make this program serve you right where you are, but I certainly understand the fear in buying something you can’t fully experience before purchase--that would give me pause, too! As such, by purchasing, you’re agreeing to my 30-day guarantee: if you complete the entire 12 modules of the course and do all the work and aren’t satisfied, just show me your work, let me know why it wasn’t a great fit for you and I’m happy to buy the course back from you.
I would love to chat with you, and make sure this is the right fit! Email our team at email@example.com with questions and someone from the KJ Team will get back to you ASAP!
You don’t! You just need a computer and access to the internet. I will mention some tools that I use to make our business more streamlined and organized but they are not necessary in order thrive from this Business Collection!
Immediately!! Within 1 hour of your purchase you should receive an invoiced receipt of your purchase and then a separate email from "Katelyn James Courses" containing your login information and link for accessing the course site.
It gave me CONFIDENCE in areas I didn't even realize I was lacking confidence in!
For example I didn't feel worthy of outsourcing editing, but when Katelyn spoke about OUTSOURCING I was literally in tears because she spoke directly to my heart.
Within a few days I had hired a private editor and that decision has given me so much more than I even imagined.
TAKE THE CONTROL BACK, SO I CONTROL MY BUSINESS INSTEAD OF MY BUSINESS CONTROLLING MY LIFE!
I have more time with my family and so much less stress because I have delegated tasks to reliable people."
"This course gave me the confidence to...
She didn't even bat an eye at my pricing!! And I have to be honest, there is no way I would have gotten this booking if it wasn't for KJ! Over the past year while taking this course I have implemented multiple concepts, ideas, strategies, etc. that Katelyn has been teaching
I STARTED OUT CHARGING LESS THAN $1000 FOR WEDDINGS.
I have actually really only be going full force into weddings on my own for 2 years. However, this course has pushed and motivated me to charge what I feel I am worth!
I recently raised my prices to over $3k and I did just book an amazing and IDEAL bride at that price point!
& I believe the sole reason I got this booking is because of what I have learned!!"
I’ve gotten 19 leads between April-June compared to 3 this time last year!!!
I believe it’s because I’m being more helpful to my brides via my website, social media and my bride experience.
It has raised the bar and since I haven’t changed anything else I give credit to KJ's Business Collection!
This is the best value for the cost and the best thing I’ve purchase for my business in 10 years.
Take one section at a time and work it into your business and youR confidence and revenue will soar!!