People say that DJ’s can “make or break” the wedding day…. they also say that about planners and even photographers! However, it’s not very often that you hear people honestly talk about how much power the bridesmaids have on a wedding day. Think about it…. bridesmaids can make the day run behind, they determine the attitude of the morning, they can be a photographer’s best friend or a lot to handle. I absolutely LOVE it when I walk into a getting ready room and the bridesmaids are so friendly and welcoming. It makes the whole rest of the day go so smoothly!!
Bridesmaids have a huge impact on the day in so many ways but today I’m just focusing on the bridal-prep portion of the day!! There are several things that bridesmaids can do to ensure that their bride gets AMAZING prep portraits. Here are some general recommendations to follow! :
A few tips…
– Always allow MORE time than you think for bridesmaid’s hair and makeup
– Bridesmaids, once the bride is getting close to the end of her hair/makeup, we’ll grab her for a quick shot of all of you in your robes!
– After the “robe” shot is accomplished, the bride finishes getting ready and it’s time for you to change!
– Bridesmaids should be dressed and ready when the bride is ready to get in her own dress! (along with the Mother of the Bride!)
– Only 2-3 bridesmaids will actually be able to help the bride get into her dress but the other gals can surround the bride, block distractions and still be a part of the process!
– It’s important to remember that bridesmaids do not need to be PERFECT when the bride gets into her dress. If your hair isn’t 100% done or you’re missing your jewelry, it’s ok. Don’t slow down the timeline because you want to be 100% perfect in the bride’s dress pictures. Those little imperfections will not be noticeable, but falling behind on the timeline will be! :)
When bridesmaids know how to make the morning run smoothly, the entire day runs smoothly! If you’re going to be a bridesmaid in the near future, I hope this comes in handy! Happy Wedding Wednesday everyone!!
To view other Wedding Wednesday posts, click HERE!
To view recent weddings, click HERE!
Starting a school for our kids and community was going to be a big undertaking, we knew that! But we have learned so much alongside our kids that has made this endeavor all worth it.
It’s hard for me to remember the last time that I took portraits at the infamous Virginia Tech Duck Pond but I know it had to have been several years ago!
It’s no surprise that this GORGEOUS wedding was picked up by BRIDES Magazine! Between the perfectly paired color scheme, beautiful florals, an amazing venue, the list goes on. The details that Paige + Nikhil thought about for their wedding day are simply stunning.
I walked into the venue for the welcome dinner.. And I knew it was going to be dark.. But I didn’t think it would be THIS DARK!
There are several seasons of starting a business and what it looks like to continue to grow and scale as the business changes! We’re on the last episode of the Startup Series and the stage of business that I’m still in.
Can a professional photographer use the Canon RF 50mm 1.8 or is it necessary to have the high end Canon RF 50mm1.2L? We’re going to put them to the test to find out!