People say that DJ’s can “make or break” the wedding day…. they also say that about planners and even photographers! However, it’s not very often that you hear people honestly talk about how much power the bridesmaids have on a wedding day. Think about it…. bridesmaids can make the day run behind, they determine the attitude of the morning, they can be a photographer’s best friend or a lot to handle. I absolutely LOVE it when I walk into a getting ready room and the bridesmaids are so friendly and welcoming. It makes the whole rest of the day go so smoothly!!
Bridesmaids have a huge impact on the day in so many ways but today I’m just focusing on the bridal-prep portion of the day!! There are several things that bridesmaids can do to ensure that their bride gets AMAZING prep portraits. Here are some general recommendations to follow! :
A few tips…
– Always allow MORE time than you think for bridesmaid’s hair and makeup
– Bridesmaids, once the bride is getting close to the end of her hair/makeup, we’ll grab her for a quick shot of all of you in your robes!
– After the “robe” shot is accomplished, the bride finishes getting ready and it’s time for you to change!
– Bridesmaids should be dressed and ready when the bride is ready to get in her own dress! (along with the Mother of the Bride!)
– Only 2-3 bridesmaids will actually be able to help the bride get into her dress but the other gals can surround the bride, block distractions and still be a part of the process!
– It’s important to remember that bridesmaids do not need to be PERFECT when the bride gets into her dress. If your hair isn’t 100% done or you’re missing your jewelry, it’s ok. Don’t slow down the timeline because you want to be 100% perfect in the bride’s dress pictures. Those little imperfections will not be noticeable, but falling behind on the timeline will be! :)
When bridesmaids know how to make the morning run smoothly, the entire day runs smoothly! If you’re going to be a bridesmaid in the near future, I hope this comes in handy! Happy Wedding Wednesday everyone!!
To view other Wedding Wednesday posts, click HERE!
To view recent weddings, click HERE!
This beautiful day way unlike any wedding I have ever photographed before. It’s hard to put into words how powerful and inspiring it was.
If you’ve been following my updates since I got the R6 two years ago, you know I LOVE it!! It has been a game changer for me! But there is ONE mistake that I’ve made that cannot be fixed afterwards!
There are things that EVERY photographer should have on their website! We will walk through some students’ websites to see how small changes can impact their perceived value, and for you to see if what they’re missing is something that you are too!
You know what I’m realizing? I’m realizing I am loving getting to see people I love and miss in this very busy season of our life.
We’re gearing up for wedding season and there are so many ways to market yourself DURING a wedding to keep new clients coming in! I have been a wedding photographer for 13 years, and I have never paid for ‘traditional’ advertising!
I am eating my words again! For years, I have used InDesign for everything… but Canva had a HUGE update last year which changed everything!!