I have to be honest, we have 4 people spending the night at our house and we’re about to leave to go to the lake for a day! WOOHOO!! So basically, this is a super fast blog post. :) Hey, I’m just being honest! ANY blogger has these days when you need to put something up super fast. I blog everyday and so you all already know a ton about me… but I was thinking, there are probably some things that I have never shared!! So here it is, a simple, “10 Things You Didn’t Know” post!
Ok, so I just have to say, when I was planning for this blog post, I mentioned to Michael on the way back from the gym “Hey, I’m doing a “Ten Things” blog post and I need you to help me come up with some weird things about me”. And Michael’s response was “Well that shouldn’t be hard.”…….. I don’t think we spoke again until we hit the driveway. haha Ok, here we go, 10 things you probably didn’t know:
1. I used to want to be a vet… like most young kids. However, I took it to a new level when I started “saving” little birds that my cat would catch. One rescue ended in disaster. I saved a little bird and my mom and I spent all afternoon taping him up. Well, we put him in a little cat cage on the porch so that he could heal without being bothered….. we just forgot that it was March, and he froze. :( I know, it was devastating. I cried buckets!
2. This is a happier one. I LOVE Chickfila sauce and I use it as my salad dressing! YUM!
3. I have HUGE feet. Like, size 10 or 11. The shoes that I love in the windows aren’t as cute when you double them in size. I HATE shoe shopping!!!
4. I have NEVER died my hair…. ever! …… BUT, Michael has. :) He had highlights in high school! ha!
5. Michael and I were in a traveling show choir in high school that took our show on the road…. to Amish country. haha
6. If Salmon is on the menu…. I will always order it!
7. I’m allergic to raw apples and carrots! Isn’t that sad? They make my mouth itch! ugh. It’s such a shame because I LOVE apples!!
8. I really love roller blading and I wish it would come back in style.
9. I may or may not be able to yodel…. don’t ask me to show you. My Grangran taught me.
10. One time, and this has only happened ONCE….. future brides, DON’T freak out…. but I may have backed into a cake table once and almost caused a massive wedding disaster. I was holding the table up from the floor and Michael came to the rescue. You’ll NEVER know which wedding this was from! :)
There has never been a year quite like 2020. It started off so normal, so simple and so carefree. Then, March/April hit and it felt like everything was turned upside down!
Another month. I had forgotten just how fast it goes when they are this tiny. One minute they are in 0-3 month clothes and the next you’re unpacking 6month options!
How is it MARCH already in 2021?! This year is flying by and we’re getting closer and closer to the beginning of wedding season! At least we are here in Virginia! It’s my honor to get to introduce you to some of our KJ Students who are doing the hard work of educating themselves and growing their businesses! My hope is that their stories and advice will be an encouragement to anyone wanting to grow and feel confident before wedding season picks up!
Welcome to a brand new installment of KJ Student Spotlight!! It’s always a good day on the blog when we get to introduce you to some of our students and share their wins and advice!!! These three students have taken courses, watched Youtube episodes, are KJ All Access members, use our templates and have invested in themselves time and time again in order to grow their businesses! They deserve this recognition!!!
Here it is! Post one of twelve! I’m committing, once again, to blogging my favorite images each month of Everett’s first year and I’m excited about it because I know from past experience that this is truly the BEST motivation and accountability to stay on top of family editing!!
It’s hard to believe I’m writing this… my fourth birth story in four years. I’ve given birth in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Just typing that makes me tired….. and so grateful…. unbelievably grateful. These last four years have been the best and hardest of my life. We cherish being parents and welcoming a new baby is hands down the most incredible thing we have ever experienced in our 18 years together. I’m so excited to introduce you to our newest member of our family and tell you the story of how he came into this world!