JUNE!!! Is that not weird for anyone else!? WOW! May was such a fast month! We shot several weddings, traveled, moved and closed on our new house… it was a whirlwind for sure! We just got home yesterday from a lovely wedding in PA and I’m not flying out again until July! I’m really looking forward to being HOME… in our NEW home! I remember when my parent’s built their house when I was in middle school and after we moved in, I never wanted to leave! Everything about it was so exciting and NEW that I didn’t want to go anywhere else!
Well that’s how I feel about our new house! Youth group gals have texted to meet up this week and instead of going to Starbucks, I want them to bring Starbucks to me because I just want to be a homebody right now!! I’m hoping this is normal! :) I’m sure I’ll write more about this later but when you build a house, it’s kind of an emotional process! We have pictures on our lot with NOTHING there but DIRT and now we’re living in a house that we custom designed!! Don’t laugh but it feels like we’ve watched this house “grow up”! …. and we have! So much of our lives have been invested into this massive project the last 6 months and now we can FINALLY enjoy it!! So that leads me into this month’s goals:
1. To stay home some! I want to enjoy being in our new space and have the time I need to make it our own!
2. Decorating, duh! We’re hosting a “Coaching Reunion” for all of our past Coaching friends from this year and I want the house to be ready! But lets be honest, 3 weeks after moving in, it’s not going to be perfect. However, we’ve made GREAT progress already!!
3. Take one room at a time and get organized! Our sweet mommas organized our kitchen and so that’s a big room that’s already done! The bathrooms and laundry rooms need some work though! :)
4. We have a week to get the little house ready for renters!! Must. Start. Cleaning!!
1. To shoot our beautiful June weddings well!!
2. To make final edits on Bridal Guide!
3. Coaching Reunion and a little special project associated with it!
4. Announce some fall coaching dates!
We’re looking forward to….
1. Being HOME!
2. Getting our new mattress in!! It can’t come soon enough!
3. Having friends over to the new place!!
4. Getting the TV installed! I know that seems like such a “Guy” thing but I’m excited about it because I don’t like having this big black box in the middle of the living room! :)
5. Graduations! My small group gals are graduating soon! Crazy!!! Hannah, Amber, Tori, Bailey, Julia and Alia, I love you girls!
Thanks Amanda Hedgepeth for the pic!!
Oh, this wedding day!! What a beautiful Texan dream! I met Melanie when she attended one of our workshops years ago in our home. She had the sweetest spirit and such a kindness about her. I remember loving how she made personal marketing her own and did headshots in a pile of Skinny Pop!! I loved her creativity and her ability to envision what she wanted in her brand.
My review of the Canon EOS R6 after shooting a full wedding day is LIVE on Youtube! I was so nervous to use a brand new camera system for full wedding day… I had my Mark IV ready in my bag just in case… but thankfully, I never had to use it! I was really hoping that I would love it and feel comfortable with it….
This wedding venue may look familiar to some of you who have been following us for a while! I photographed Meghan’s brother’s wedding a few years ago at this very same farm and venue!
Natural light photographers…. (flash photographers, we know how you would handle these scenarios and that’s awesome for your style! This is for the natural light folks!)
I’ve been hoping for this day for a very long time…. but I wasn’t sure that it would ever come. That sounds dramatic but let me explain. I LOVE my website company. Showit is incredible and the more I learn about and experience other platforms for hosting and creating custom websites, the more I realize, they aren’t really, truly “custom” at all. Showit is the website design platform for the creative. Hands-down. It’s so powerful, so intuitive and so easy to use. Years ago, Showit created a way to implement a Showit theme onto a Wordpress blog!!! Genius! I couldn’t wait for my blog to be a Showit blog…. but it never happened.
If you are like me and you’re a natural light wedding photographer, you may not love using the Canon 600 EX-RT flashes. But they are so necessary!