If you’ve been following these “Snapshot” posts for a while, you’ve probably noticed that some months are better than other. There are some months when I have plenty of time to really think about goals and plan out the month ahead and then there are some times when I can barely keep the next few days straight! This month is a mix of both! It’s going to be a little busy at the beginning of the month and then by the end of July, we’ll be entering into a few weekends of rest! WOOHOOO! We’re SO thankful! To all photographers out there, I HIGHLY recommend taking some Saturdays OFF in the middle of wedding season.
For Michael and I, we have found that we do MUCH better with a handful of double header weekends and then having some full weekends off instead of shooting back to back, non stop for several months in a row! We’re shooting over 38 weddings this year and yet we still have weekends in July and August that are wedding free! It’s amazing!! We just have to get through our feet through our double wedding weekends:) So here’s the snapshot of JULY!
– First order of business is that we’re shooting in Charleston TONIGHT! It’s going to be a fun destination engagement session!
– I’ll be heading to Chicago for a coaching session and two engagement shoots this month! So pumped! One of them is for my sweet cousin Paige!! Ah! She’s getting married!!!!! So fun!
– We have a weekend off at the end of July and we’re looking forward to it! Maybe we’ll sleep in, clean our house, go out on the boat with the family even?! There is so much you can do on a Saturday!! :) We’re not used to that freedom!
– We have 3 awesome weddings this month!! Praying for cool weather!! They’re going to be beautiful!
– Our new kitchen table comes this month! FINALLY! Not impressed with your turnaround time Restoration Hardware… come on! It will be worth it though… we hope:)
– I’m excited to continue decorating!!!! I could decorate EVER DAY of my life and never get tired of it!!!
– Michael is going to be a chaperone for Kids Camp next week! haha I can’t wait to hear the funny stories from that trip!!!
– We’re announcing registration for our NEW workshops this month… more like next WEEK!! AHH!!! Get excited!
GOALS for JULY:
– Curtains in the morning room!
– Table for the foyer!
– Pick out a storm door so that Bokeh can lay in the foyer and see the world happening! :)
– Finish edits on Bridal Guide!
– Get back into our cycling routine at the gym!
– Continue to get up early… it’s actually nice getting up early when you don’t go to bed at 2am… imagine that!
– Sell out the September workshop once it’s open for registration! :)
There has never been a year quite like 2020. It started off so normal, so simple and so carefree. Then, March/April hit and it felt like everything was turned upside down!
Another month. I had forgotten just how fast it goes when they are this tiny. One minute they are in 0-3 month clothes and the next you’re unpacking 6month options!
How is it MARCH already in 2021?! This year is flying by and we’re getting closer and closer to the beginning of wedding season! At least we are here in Virginia! It’s my honor to get to introduce you to some of our KJ Students who are doing the hard work of educating themselves and growing their businesses! My hope is that their stories and advice will be an encouragement to anyone wanting to grow and feel confident before wedding season picks up!
Welcome to a brand new installment of KJ Student Spotlight!! It’s always a good day on the blog when we get to introduce you to some of our students and share their wins and advice!!! These three students have taken courses, watched Youtube episodes, are KJ All Access members, use our templates and have invested in themselves time and time again in order to grow their businesses! They deserve this recognition!!!
Here it is! Post one of twelve! I’m committing, once again, to blogging my favorite images each month of Everett’s first year and I’m excited about it because I know from past experience that this is truly the BEST motivation and accountability to stay on top of family editing!!
It’s hard to believe I’m writing this… my fourth birth story in four years. I’ve given birth in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Just typing that makes me tired….. and so grateful…. unbelievably grateful. These last four years have been the best and hardest of my life. We cherish being parents and welcoming a new baby is hands down the most incredible thing we have ever experienced in our 18 years together. I’m so excited to introduce you to our newest member of our family and tell you the story of how he came into this world!