Ever wondered if it’s time for a new website? It can be frustrating and also overwhelming trying to decide if a new website design or just an overhaul of your current website is a worthwhile investment. For me, I knew it was time because of a lot of different factors in my business…. which I’ll explain more about below in the video! Overall, your website if your online home that represents you to anyone interested in booking you or following your journey. It’s a VITAL part of your brand and often times, because WE aren’t actively looking at it through the eyes of a new customer, we neglect it. That’s exactly what I had done! Even though my site from 3 years ago still looked beautiful, it was lacking because of the major shifts that had happened in my business!
So if you’re wondering if you’re like me and you’re ready for a refresh, take a few seconds to answer the questions in this little quiz!
If you answer YES to at least 2 of these 5 questions, then it may be time for you to either consider a website overhaul or a least a major website update!!
“IS IT TIME FOR A NEW WEBSITE” QUIZ:
1. Do you cringe when you click through your current site because it doesn’t represent your current level of work or clientele?
2. Does your site fail to resize and restructure when you make your desktop browser window more and more narrow? (This means your site is not “responsive”)
3. Are there current offerings missing or not fully represented on your current site? (Maybe you have shifted what you’re offering in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic and yet your business changes aren’t represented online in any way!)
4. Is your current website missing strategic conversion-based design elements/structure?
5. Are you actively directing people to your Instagram page instead of your website because you aren’t proud of that representation of your brand?
If you read through these questions and you still aren’t sure if a new website is something that is necessary for your brand, we have a brand new Youtube video that may shed some light on why I decided to re-do my own website recently!
In this episode I’m talking through:
Jen Olmstead is my designer and the co-owner of Tonic Site Shop! Their templates are gorgeous and they are giving KJ Students 15% off if you use the code: KJSENTME
32 Years. Over three decades. Can you image the impact? My dad accepted the call to our tiny little part of Virginia when I was just 18mos old.
Off season is here!! For wedding photographers, this is hopefully a time to rest and rejuvenate before busy season kicks back in. This is also a great time to focus on some back-end business tasks you might have had on your plate for a while now.
2021 was a year to remember! I decided to close out YouTube for the year, by reflecting back on life lessons 2021 taught me – what worked, what didn’t and what I hope to remember as I move into 2022.
You guys know talking about the tech side of a photography business is not my expertise… but thankfully it IS Tyler’s!!! I asked him to take over this YouTube video because I want to help you figure out which Mac is going to be the best one for you (even though I shouldn’t be the one to help you with that!!)!
It’s been years since I’ve done a round-up of some of my favorite images from the year! I struggle to narrow these down and so I decided to showcase some of the images with the best candid emotions!
Welcome back to another Behind the Image! In this series I take you behind the scenes of a real wedding day and then analyze one image! Today we’re analyzing an image from a wedding we shot back in May that should NOT have worked…but it did!!