Ever wondered if it’s time for a new website? It can be frustrating and also overwhelming trying to decide if a new website design or just an overhaul of your current website is a worthwhile investment. For me, I knew it was time because of a lot of different factors in my business…. which I’ll explain more about below in the video! Overall, your website if your online home that represents you to anyone interested in booking you or following your journey. It’s a VITAL part of your brand and often times, because WE aren’t actively looking at it through the eyes of a new customer, we neglect it. That’s exactly what I had done! Even though my site from 3 years ago still looked beautiful, it was lacking because of the major shifts that had happened in my business!
So if you’re wondering if you’re like me and you’re ready for a refresh, take a few seconds to answer the questions in this little quiz!
If you answer YES to at least 2 of these 5 questions, then it may be time for you to either consider a website overhaul or a least a major website update!!
“IS IT TIME FOR A NEW WEBSITE” QUIZ:
1. Do you cringe when you click through your current site because it doesn’t represent your current level of work or clientele?
2. Does your site fail to resize and restructure when you make your desktop browser window more and more narrow? (This means your site is not “responsive”)
3. Are there current offerings missing or not fully represented on your current site? (Maybe you have shifted what you’re offering in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic and yet your business changes aren’t represented online in any way!)
4. Is your current website missing strategic conversion-based design elements/structure?
5. Are you actively directing people to your Instagram page instead of your website because you aren’t proud of that representation of your brand?
If you read through these questions and you still aren’t sure if a new website is something that is necessary for your brand, we have a brand new Youtube video that may shed some light on why I decided to re-do my own website recently!
In this episode I’m talking through:
Jen Olmstead is my designer and the co-owner of Tonic Site Shop! Their templates are gorgeous and they are giving KJ Students 15% off if you use the code: KJSENTME
If you have been overwhelmed by editing…or just not sure what exactly the image is *missing* to make you happy with the final edit, chances are, you’ve never been taught what to look for!
I started my career as a wedding photographer almost 14 YEARS AGO….hard to believe it!
If you’re an overshooter like me, this can be the most time consuming part! Which photos to keep and which are unnecessary? From 13 years of experience, I have a few tips to help you make this a quick process!
Packing for a trip can be OVERWHELMING… but it can be even MORE overwhelming if you decide to bring your expensive camera!
We’re going back to the basics! This is one of the most common emails we have in our inbox.. ‘Where should I put my focal point to get a tack sharp image?’
Looking through a lens in so many businesses has given me a unique perspective to see the traits that are needed for success!