Six months may be my favorite phase during the first year. I know I’ll probably say that about 8 months and 9 months too but there is just something so special about a baby who is 6 months old. I feel like I’m watching my little boy turn into a little person with personality and spunk and a voice! The amount of change that has happened from month five to month 6 is just unbelievable. My “new” baby seems to have disappeared and I have a sturdy, vocal, real-food-eating little guy instead of a newborn. This month was insane for us. We launched a massive project in the business, we finished shooting our weddings for the year, we did all the “fall” things and also maintained life at church and with our family. We’re tired but our lives feel so full of joy.
Here are some six month memories that I want to remember:
- Nursing is full of distractions right now….. hands in my mouth, trying to grab my hair and constantly trying to making sure he’s not missing out on something going on around us.
- His hair is really coming in…. he’s such a blonde!
- He has been introduced to a lot of food but still prefers anything smooth over anything with texture.
- He’s been sitting up since month 5 but this month he decided to PULL UP on a laundry basket and he instantly seemed older
- He’s smiling and laughing constantly, so much more than last month!
- He really started solids this month.
- He’s doing some baby-led weaning type of eating but the boy LOVES his pouches too so we’re kinda stuck in the middle
- His first foods were banana, prunes, applesauce (his favorite!), sweet potatoe, pears and green beans
- He gets frustrated in the highchair some days and just throws his arms up and down with his panicked whimpers!
- He doesn’t SCREAM, he “panic cries”…. not sure which is worse
- He smiles with his eyes and his whole face really, I can’t get enough of him!
- He spits up like it’s his job
- He’s starting to really notice Harper and wants to touch her constantly!!!
- He seems to have a sweet spirit and calm personality that is so different from how Evy’s big, bold personality. I love seeing how God has made my babies so different!
So, in true mom-fashion, I feel like everything goes wrong as soon as it’s time for me to actually be in a picture! Am I right, mommas out there? We were attempting to take a “copy-paste” photo like Michael took with Evy when she was six months old but it ended quickly when Graham decided to spew his lunch everywhere!!
Look at that precious boy!
I can hear his giggle here!
Last swim of the year! So sad!
“Hey, what’s the big blue thing?! ”
Friends from the farm!!
Oh my goodness…..
The state fair was a good idea… until we waited for an hour and a half in line to get out of the parking lot! Evy had to pee on the side of road twice!
Living her BEST LIFE!
Yea…. WAY too young for Putt Putt! haha
We get this face a lot….
Prepare yourself… these next few are the best!!!
So thankful for these little people!
Once again…. how is his head so massive?
Costume day at Pre-school! …. yes we were getting dressed in the parking lot!
Marshall and Chase!
Halloween! We had a crew from VeggieTales! LarryBoy, Bob the Tomato, Junior Asparagus and Madame Blueberry!
This post is a little out of order but hey, at least it’s done! We went to see Aunt Sarah ride in her first Horseback Riding Competition and she won first place!
She was COVERED in dust and loved it!
Go Sarah go!
Oh Ev! haha She loves so hard!
Pumpkin Patch with our small group!
Love these people!
Ok…. out of ALL of our friends, no one said “Katelyn! Take the burp cloth out of your front pocket!!?”
Then we celebrated Daddy’s 30 years as Pastor at our home church! Corey and Emy spoke and I sang. Lots of tears… it was a good day!
Then we went to Mimi and Grandaddy’s and Graham discovered baby dolls…. much to Harper’s dismay.
She was mad.
Then she lost her pants.
We love this sweet boy with his big head!
“What do you mean I have to share?!”