believe it?! Our little Bokeh Boy is turned ONE on Sunday!!! We’ve been his puppy parents since February and it’s really hard to imagine our life without him! What did we do when we didn’t have worry about where he was and what he was chewing on?! Our lives must have been so boring! Bokeh is now full grown… and he’s right around 10 pounds. Ferocious, I know. We’re so thankful his hair has stayed dark and we’re hoping he’ll keep his apricot color for years to come! We have loved having this little guy in our lives so much and in a weird way, Bokeh has made us seem more like a family. Maybe
that’s because he’s added more responsibility to our lives or maybe it’s because he snuggles between us in the morning and chews on his bone in between us on the couch at night. He’s just so lovable!!!! After 10 months with Bokeh boy we’ve realized this:
– Poodles really are smart…. sometimes too smart
– Bokeh prefers to drink water flowing from the faucet rather than from his dog bowl… this has become a nightly ritual.
– The Bichon in him makes him sporadically act like a maniac
– He’s very fond of Michael’s Sperrys
– He’s ALWAYS come when he’s called if you include “You wanna treat?!” at the end of your call
– When he’s mad or wants something, he punches tin trashcans to get your attention
– He hides when I’m getting ready in the bathroom because he knows I’m about to leave the house and that means crate time for him
– Squirrels get the best of him on a daily basis
– Head tilts are the norm these days
– He’s a great traveler…. most of the time:)
– All of his toys have very original names… “Mr. Pineapple”, “Mr. Polar Bear”, “Mr. Giraffe”… etc.
– He loves his family. There is nothing greater than coming home to a puppy that can’t WAIT to see you!!
So happy Birthday Bokeh Boy!!! Here’s to many more years of head tilts, cute instagrams and puppy love!
I’m so excited to share this final 2020 Wedding with you all!! It’s a special one! We photographed this beautiful wedding day on our own 10 year anniversary! Ten years ago on this day, we were celebrating in my parent’s backyard under a massive white tent too! This was my brother-in-law’s baby sister’s wedding day and celebrating with the Malizia family was such a treat! They are a family MADE for weddings!
Well, I realize this isn’t normal for KJ! I don’t shoot portraits these days but this session was my first non-wedding shoot with my new Canon R6 and I’m obsessed with how these images turned out! It was the most perfect evening for this early fall shoot and the light was incredible!
I’m so excited to share another addition of Student Spotlights from our KJ Education community! It’s so funny to us, but quite often, we find that our friends who know us in everyday life but aren’t in our industry really have no clue what we do! They think we shoot 10 weddings a year and that’s the extent of our work these days but oh… that couldn’t be further from the truth!
When we first decide if we’re a good fit with our potential KJ Couples, we’re looking for a few things…. one of those things is that this couple keeps joyful! We’ve found over the years that couples what take themselves super seriously aren’t always the best fit for us! We love it when couples let their guard down and allow us to get to know them during their engagement session.
For some photographers, bridal details seem like a fun part of the wedding day… but for many others, it’s stressful. It’s the part of the day that throws them off, makes them wonder if they’re actually artistic and leaves them feeling flustered and panicked because they never get everything done in the time they have allotted for detail shooting. In my opinion, this is a REALLY tough way to start a wedding day.
Oh, this wedding day!! What a beautiful Texan dream! I met Melanie when she attended one of our workshops years ago in our home. She had the sweetest spirit and such a kindness about her. I remember loving how she made personal marketing her own and did headshots in a pile of Skinny Pop!! I loved her creativity and her ability to envision what she wanted in her brand.