Whew! What a year it’s been! If you have followed us for a while you probably know that our house has been on the market for …. SEVEN MONTHS. Yes. Over half of a year. It’s CRAZY. However, we still have big dreams that we can’t wait to implement once this house sells, but since God obviously has a very different opinion about the timing of all of this, we’re just learning to be patient!!! So, what does this have to do with workshop registrations?
Well, we’ve decided that we’re going to host another workshop in our house!! The teaching will be in our home but the SHOOT is going to be at the most epic location just 3 minutes away!!! Friends, do you remember THIS WEDDING?? : Well THIS is the venue for our styled shoot at the FEBRUARY 1st & 2nd workshop!! Ah!!! We are so excited to have 16 photographers in our home and then venturing down the street to this incredible home for a shoot on Day One!!
Our workshops are TWO DAYS and nothing is off-limits! By the end of day two I have no voice because there’s over 20 hours of teaching content!! It’s crazy! If you want to learn more about the outline of those two days and what is included, visit our WORKSHOP SITE!!!
I hate making people feel rushed… but the EARLYBIRD DISCOUNT ($150 off!) ends TONIGHT at Midnight! AND over half of the seats are already sold!!! If you’re wondering if this workshop is for you, see if some of these points below describe you:
– Did you start your business quickly & now you’re overwhelmed with your lack of systems & workflow?
– Do you know a lot about photography but NOTHING about business?
– Are you drowning in editing and your family time is suffering because of it?
– Are you paying a small fortune for advertising but not seeing any bookings in return?
– Are you attracting clients that take advantage of you and don’t respect your business?
– Are you stuck in the “friend zone”? Meaning all of your clients are friends paying little to nothing for your services?
– Is your business growing but you know you’re not where you want to be and don’t know why?
– Do you struggle with posing and tend to freeze up when it comes to directing your clients?
– Do you rely on a crazy amount of photoshop work just to make your images stand out?
– Are you receiving inquiries that always turn into a haggle?
– Do you have an online presence that isn’t doing you any favors but you don’t know how to fix it?
– Are you charging less than you’re worth and have no idea how to increase your value to clients?
– Are you wondering if you can even MAKE it in the photography world?
The list goes on and on. If you’re struggling in your business, I know it’s scary and everything seems so uncertain. However, the truth is, you deserve to have a successful business, you deserve to earn a profit… a GREAT profit! … and your family deserves more quality time than your computer screen. If ANY of this resonates with you, this workshop is FOR YOU & it will be a turning point for your business AND your life in general! We can’t wait to meet you! Get excited because this is going to be a game changer!
P.s. Want to see a few peeks into our LAST workshop?! Click HERE! Our last workshop was on a farm and now we’re moving to a country estate that (in my opinion) looks like one epic CASTLE!!
The day started with bubbly personalities and bubbly drinks in the historic Linden Row house in downtown Richmond. I walked in, found Leah and then one by one I met her amazing bridesmaids. From the moment I met them all, I knew this was going to be a fun day, not lacking any energy! I loved the way this day started…. however, it got even better the moment dad walked in.
It’s an exciting day in Youtube land! We have just launched a brand new series that we’re really excited about!!!! So often when I’m going through KJ All Access episodes and editing our behind the scenes coverage of our wedding days, I find myself noticing a lot of scenarios that require a lot of thought and problem solving in order to create a FINAL image that I love!!
Gosh it feels good to do what I love to do again! This was my first shoot back since maternity leave ended and I loved every minute of it! I have known Matt and Abby for years and years and so while this was a true portrait session with paying clients and outfit changes, etc…. it was also a shoot with dear friends and it was wonderful to spend some time with them!
First of all, let me just say, I do NOT endorse not hiring a professional birth photographer! As you read this, keep in mind that I desperately wanted to have my friend and fellow photographer Jill with me during my fourth birth. I was heartbroken that she wasn’t allowed to be there!
Have you ever showed up for a wedding or a portrait session and took one look at the location and thought…. “You’ve got to be kidding me!!! How am I going to make this work?!” I have. I have had so many scenarios in my career where I have thought….“Ok, how in the world am I going to make this lousy location work as a great portrait location!!?”.
It still feels surreal to tell people about what we do for a living. We photograph weddings and we teach other people how to photograph weddings. It’s quite literally a dream job for a creative like myself who loves people! Every month when we do these Student Spotlights, I’m reminded all over again how much of a privilege it is to be a part of these photographer’s lives and play a small role in their stories.